Looking back at 100 years of research and education in business administration, the Business School of the University of Mannheim has the following aims:
- To produce excellent research which will have the highest possible impact on the educational and practical activities of our Business School. As a research and teaching institution with an established reputation in the academic community and in the corporate world, we strive to attract the most highly qualified faculty: We target faculty members who provide innovative knowledge that is highly relevant to the business world, and who disseminate this knowledge through top-tier scientific and professional journals.
- To give the most talented students the benefit of our up-to-date research-based expertise within the Bachelor's, Master's, MBA, and PhD degree programs. Our goal is to enhance their personal skills and to familiarize them with critical thinking and social responsibility.
- To provide students with excellent professional skills by cooperating closely with corporate partners and by exposing them to a dynamic and intercultural business environment.
With the following strategic goals, the Business School of the University of Mannheim demonstrates its readiness to fulfill its mission and further develop the School.
1. We will create an exceptional faculty which advances distinguished research projects and unites the theoretical and practical aspects of business administration.
- As an advanced research institution, we are dedicated to promoting exceptional theoretical, empirical, and applied research projects.
- By providing the best possible support for doctoral and post-doctoral students, we strive to educate top-quality scholars who are prepared to achieve academic success. Our aim is to continuously improve our research environment in order to recruit and retain the most qualified junior scientists.
- We are committed to serving the academic community by promoting participation in national and international research in the form of conferences, workshops, and research visits. Our goal is to enhance academic research cooperation as well as to network with renowned partner institutions on a national and international level, thus strengthening the School's research profile.
- We intend to extend the program offered by our Center for Doctoral Studies in Business to recruit more individuals with the potential for achieving excellence in research. As different backgrounds, viewpoints and ideas are crucial for a fruitful academic environment, our objective is to increase the number of international students. While doing this, we are committed to keeping our high selection standards in mind.
2. We aim to be a breeding ground for successful leaders.
- We seek top-quality students in accordance with our mission. Our School will work on improving and extending its intellectually challenging programs to produce highly qualified graduates. We are constantly working on our admission policy so we can match students with our profile for desirable candidates.
- We continually improve on the education we provide for our students. We not only offer them core business courses; we also familiarize them with social responsibility. In this respect, we also seek to support the various student initiatives and create an environment which allows students to enhance their personal skills.
- More than ever before, our School aims to prepare its students for business tasks in an international environment. The following aspects are crucial in achieving this:
- Creating new international partnerships and developing existing ones while restructuring and thoroughly internationalizing the curriculum.
- Establishing a more enriching international learning environment for the national and international student body.
3. We want to achieve academic excellence and managerial relevance through interaction with the corporate world.
- To ensure the success of the Business School of the University of Mannheim, it is crucial to provide our students with up-to-date knowledge which is vital for their managerial careers, and to put them in close contact with the corporate world. We will make a greater effort to sensitize students to innovation and entrepreneurship by exposing them to the professional world in the form of knowledge transfer: from a faculty with managerial expertise, managers delivering speeches, workshops and seminars, as well as student projects in companies. Our existing strong relationships with the corporate world will not only be strengthened but also extended to include further cooperation with national and international companies.