CONNECT is an annual Data Science conference as part of the International Program in Survey and Data Science (IPSDS). Both the Master of Applied Data Science & Measurement at Mannheim Business School (MDM) and the Joint Program in Survey Methodology (JPSM) at the University of Maryland are housed under the IPSDS umbrella.
The conference is dedicated to facilitating information exchange in the area of Survey and Data Science across various sectors (academia, industry, government, and non-profits). Topics presented will cover a wide range of domains from data ethics and privacy, healthcare, data visualization, and more.
This online event is aimed at the needs and inquiries of students, young professionals, researchers, practitioners and others interested in the field of Data Science and Survey Research.
- 8:00 am EDT / 14:00 CEST: Welcome Greetings
- 8:15 am EDT / 14:15 CEST: Career Panel
- Moderator: Florian Keusch, IPSDS/MDM
- Elizabeth Stuart, Johns Hopkins University
- Gina Walejko, Google
- Elisabeth Linek, European Center for Information and Communication Technologies
- 9:00 am EDT / 15:00 CEST: Break
- 9:10 am EDT / 15:10 CEST: Key Note
- Elizabeth A. Stuart– Professor in the Department of Mental Health, Johns Hopkins University
- 9:40 am EDT / 15:40 CEST: Break
- 10:00 am EDT / 16:00 CEST: Panel "Value of Data"
- Impulse: Thomas Fetzer – Professor of Public Law, Regulatory Law and Tax Law, University of Mannheim (Mannheim Center for Data Science)
- Impulse: Florian Stahl – Professor of Marketing, University of Mannheim (Mannheim Center for Data Science)
- Commentary: Silvia Knobloch-Westerwick – Professor at the School of Communication, The Ohio State University
- Commentary: Markus Strohmaier – Professor for Methods and Theories of Computational Social Sciences and Humanities, RWTH Aachen
- 11:30 am EDT / 17:30 CEST: Closing
Please register via the button above; you will receive all necessary information accordingly at your e-mail address.
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to get in contact with our Master of Applied Data Science & Measurement admissions representative Manon Pfeifer at email@example.com.